Pre-Prep & Prep Class Assistant
Assist and actively collaborate in a positive partnership with the teaching staff of the Prep/Pre‑Prep School, providing valuable support for teaching and learning by establishing a safe and stimulating environment that promotes pupil development academically, socially and personally.
- Contribute to pupils’ learning as effectively as possible in both group situations and with individuals, following the direct guidance of the class/specialist teacher in order to maintain the highest expectations of teaching and learning.
- Promote positive values, attitudes and good behaviour through following the behaviour policy so that the pupils’ confidence, sense of judgement and independence are developed.
- Assist the organisation of the classroom environment and preparation of resources, keeping track of the classroom stationery and resources, to ensure that resources are available to maximise teaching and learning.
- Establish a safe and respectful climate through supervising children, interacting, listening and mediating when conflicts take place, in order to ensure that children are safe at all times, both physically and emotionally
- Communicate effectively with the class and specialist teachers, through either spoken or written communication, passing on key messages in order for consistency throughout the day.
- Aid individual pupils or small groups by providing support when asked to with the aim of enabling them to fully take part in activities
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom by listening, valuing and helping each child to feel successful in their learning.
- Take advantage of the professional development offered by St Paul’s, taking part in staff meetings, INSET and training sessions, in order to continuously develop knowledge and skills, improve practice, learn more and are up‑to‑date on all pedagogical aspects.
Please ensure your entire application is in English.
- High School Diploma
- Fluent English
- Basic knowledge of technology, interest in and some knowledge of education.
- Good communication skills, positive professional relationships (with staff and pupils), pro‑active, flexible, resilient, collaborative, team worker, interested in continuous professional development.
Any additional information you wish to be considered please upload using the CV option.